Re: xReader, double-effort (was: Temporary tables under hot standby) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: xReader, double-effort (was: Temporary tables under hot standby)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Kevin Grittner
>> <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
>>> [resending because of postgresql.org bounces on first try]

>> <sigh> Yes, it appears very similar. I didn't know about this.
>
> I don't recall seeing any previous postings about the 2Q project,
> either.  We should try to keep these discussions on-list.

While that's true, it wasn't much of a stretch to think that I might
be planning to do more work on replication since I've done that for
years and years now. Also, I do keep requesting GSOC doesn't put such
major tasks out there, but not much heed taken.

Beautiful illustration of a multi-master conflict case though.

Not sure just yet what the resolution is, and it will probably take a
few weeks to resolve that happily.

Glad we're all facing in the same direction, which is the most important thing.