Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 7:07 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> That is a bug and one we should fix. I supplied a patch for that,
>> written to Tom's idea for how to solve it.
>>
>> I will apply that, unless there are objections.
>
> I remember several attempts at that, but I don't remember any that
> didn't meet with objections.  Do you have a link?

My patch to implement SnapshotNow correctly, from Jun 27 on this
thread was never reviewed or commented upon by anybody. That was
probably because it only fixes one of the problems, not all of them.

But it does fix a current bug and that's why I'm asking now if there
are objections to committing it.