Re: corrupt pages detected by enabling checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: corrupt pages detected by enabling checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11 April 2013 00:37, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I feel pretty strongly that we shouldn't add any such complications to
> XLogInsert() itself, its complicated enough already and it should be
> made simpler, not more complicated.

+1, emphatically.  XLogInsert is a really nasty scalability
bottleneck.  We need to move as much logic out of that function as
possible, and particularly out from under WALInsertLock.

Andres' patch was applied, so not sure what you mean by +1ing a comment made in relation to that patch.

I'm aware that WALInsertLock is a bottleneck and am not going to be making that worse.