Re: Intermittent regression test failures from index-only plan changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Intermittent regression test failures from index-only plan changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> BTW, if you think this is a fatal issue, then I'm afraid it's also
> a fatal objection to your proposal to turn SnapshotNow into an MVCC
> snapshot.

Not just because of this, but I think its the wrong time in the cycle
to be completely rethinking catalog access semantics. Or put another
way, I'm too late and its too risky because the patch was becoming
enormous.