Re: group locking: incomplete patch, just for discussion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: group locking: incomplete patch, just for discussion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 15 October 2014 17:03, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I'm fervently in agreement with you on one point: the first
> version of all this needs to be as simple as possible, or the time to
> get to the first version will be longer than we can afford to wait.  I
> think what we're discussing here is which things are important enough
> that it makes sense to have them in the first version, and which
> things can wait.

I'm guessing we might differ slightly on what constitutes as simple as possible.

Something usable, with severe restrictions, is actually better than we
have now. I understand the journey this work represents, so don't be
embarrassed by submitting things with heuristics and good-enoughs in
it. Our mentor, Mr.Lane, achieved much by spreading work over many
releases, leaving others to join in the task.

Might I gently enquire what the "something usable" we are going to see
in this release? I'm not up on current plans.