SET work_mem = '1TB'; - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject SET work_mem = '1TB';
Date
Re: SET work_mem = '1TB';  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
I worked up a small patch to support Terabyte setting for memory.
Which is OK, but it only works for 1TB, not for 2TB or above.

Which highlights that since we measure things in kB, we have an
inherent limit of 2047GB for our memory settings. It isn't beyond
belief we'll want to go that high, or at least won't be by end 2014
and will be annoying sometime before 2020.

Solution seems to be to support something potentially bigger than INT
for GUCs. So we can reclassify GUC_UNIT_MEMORY according to the
platform we're on.

Opinions?

Attachment