Re: Deprecating Hash Indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Deprecating Hash Indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 15 October 2012 15:19, Andres Freund said...

> I vote for at least logging a wal record when a hash index is modified which
> uses incomplete actions to set 'indisready = false' in case its replayed. That
> should only use a rather minor amount of code and should help users to find
> problems faster.

Good idea, though might be harder than it first appears.

How do we issue just one of those per checkpoint, to minimise WAL? How
do we make that change with a physical update WAL? Non-transactional
update? During recovery?