Re: BUG #6629: Creating a gist index fails with "too many LWLocks taken" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: BUG #6629: Creating a gist index fails with "too many LWLocks taken"
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 11 May 2012 11:07, Heikki Linnakangas

> I wonder if we should reserve a few of the lwlock "slots" for critical
> sections, to make this less likely to happen. Not only in this case, but =
in
> general. We haven't seen this problem often, but it would be quite trivial
> to reserve a few slots.

Why reserve them solely for critical sections?

What is the downside from having >100 slots for general use.

ISTM we should have 250 slots and log a warning if we ever hit 50 or more.

--=20
=A0Simon Riggs=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 http:/=
/www.2ndQuadrant.com/
=A0PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services