Re: Commitfest problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Commitfest problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12 December 2014 at 15:10, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 05:55:56PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> > How about *you* run the next one, Tom?
>>
>> I think the limited amount of time I can put into a commitfest is
>> better spent on reviewing patches than on managing the process.

IIRC Tom was pretty much the only person doing patch review for
probably 5 years during 2003-2008, maybe others. AFAICS he was
managing that process. Thank you, Tom.

I've never seen him moan loudly about this, so I'm surprised to hear
such things from people that have done much less.

Any solution to our current problems will come from working together,
not by fighting.

We just need to do more reviews. Realising this, I have begun to do
more. I encourage others to do this also.