Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in _hash_kill_items/MarkBufferDirtyHint - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in _hash_kill_items/MarkBufferDirtyHint
Date
Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in _hash_kill_items/MarkBufferDirtyHint  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 6:09 PM, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, That is another option but the main idea was to be inline with
> the btree code.

That's not a bad goal in principal, but _bt_killitems() doesn't have
any similar argument.

(Also, speaking of consistency, why did we end up with
_hash_kill_items, with an underscore between kill and items, and
_bt_killitems, without one?)

> Moreover, I am not sure if acquiring lwlock inside
> hashendscan (basically the place where we are trying to close down the
> things) would look good.

Well, if that's not a good thing to do, hiding it inside some other
function doesn't make it better.  I think it's fine, though.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company