Re: On-demand running query plans using auto_explain and signals - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: On-demand running query plans using auto_explain and signals
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 5:00 AM, Shulgin, Oleksandr
<oleksandr.shulgin@zalando.de> wrote:
> Please see attached for implementation of this approach.  The most
> surprising thing is that it actually works :)

It's cool to see these interesting ideas for using some of the code
I've been working on for the last couple of years.  However, it seems
to me that a better design would avoid the use of shm_mq.  Instead of
having the guy who asks the question create a DSM, have the guy who
sends back the answer create it.  Then, he can just make the DSM big
enough to store the entire string.  I think that's going to be a lot
more robust than what you have here.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company