Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 12:12 PM 曾文旌(义从) <wenjing.zwj@alibaba-inc.com> wrote:
>> Opinion by Pavel
>> + rel->rd_islocaltemp = true;  <<<<<<< if this is valid, then the name of field "rd_islocaltemp" is not probably
best
>> I renamed rd_islocaltemp
>
> I don't see any change?
>
> Rename rd_islocaltemp to rd_istemp  in global_temporary_table_v8-pg13.patch

In view of commit 6919b7e3294702adc39effd16634b2715d04f012, I think
that this has approximately a 0% chance of being acceptable. If you're
setting a field in a way that is inconsistent with the current use of
the field, you're probably doing it wrong, because the field has an
existing purpose to which new code must conform. And if you're not
doing that, then you don't need to rename it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company