Re: Use streaming read API in ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Use streaming read API in ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 4, 2024 at 6:38 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation.  I think we should revert it.  IMHO it was
> a nice clean example of a streaming transformation, but unfortunately
> it transformed an API that nobody liked in the first place, and broke
> some weird and wonderful workarounds.  Let's try again in 18.

The problem I have with this is that we just released RC1. I suppose
if we have to make this change it's better to do it sooner than later,
but are we sure we want to whack this around this close to final
release?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com