Re: Patch for ginCombineData - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Patch for ginCombineData
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 6:17 AM, Robert Abraham
<robert.abraham86@googlemail.com> wrote:
> we are using gin indexes on big tables. these tables happen to have several
> billion rows.
> the index creation fails in ginCombineData in src/backend/access/ginbulk.c
> because repalloc is limited to 1 gb.
> this limitation makes no sense in this context (compare comments in
> src/include/utils/memutils.h).
> To overcome this limitation on tables with lots of rows repalloc_huge is
> used.
> The test suite still succeeds on my machine.
> Find the patch attached,

Since nobody seems ready to act on this patch immediately, I suggest
adding it here so it doesn't get forgotten:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company