Re: Temporary file access API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Temporary file access API
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 2:26 PM Antonin Houska <ah@cybertec.at> wrote:
> > I don't think that (3) is a separate advantage from (1) and (2), so I
> > don't have anything separate to say about it.
>
> I thought that the uncontrollable buffer size is one of the things you
> complaint about in
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmoYGjN_f=FCErX49bzjhNG+GoctY+a+XhNRWCVvDY8U74w@mail.gmail.com

Well, I think that email is mostly complaining about there being no
buffering at all in a situation where it would be advantageous to do
some buffering. But that particular code I believe is gone now because
of the shared-memory stats collector, and when looking through the
patch set, I didn't see that any of the cases that it touched were
similar to that one.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com