Re: tableam vs. TOAST - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: tableam vs. TOAST
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 3:49 AM Prabhat Sahu <prabhat.sahu@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
While testing the Toast patch(PG+v7 patch) I found below server crash.
System configuration:
VCPUs: 4, RAM: 8GB, Storage: 320GB

This issue is not frequently reproducible, we need to repeat the same testcase multiple times.

I wonder if this is an independent bug, because the backtrace doesn't look like it's related to the stuff this is changing. Your report doesn't specify whether you can also reproduce the problem without the patch, which is something that you should always check before reporting a bug in a particular patch.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company