Re: fixing consider_parallel for upper planner rels - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: fixing consider_parallel for upper planner rels
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I'm not sure how to proceed here.  I have asked Tom several times to
>> look at the WIP patch and offer comments, but he so far has not done
>> so.
>
> Oh, I thought you were still actively working on it.  What patch do
> you want me to review?

I'm looking for an opinion on the WIP patch attached to:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmoZwJB9EaiBj-MEeAQ913WkKOz4aQ7VQnCfrDLs9WYhZdQ@mail.gmail.com

It may not be correct in detail, but I'd like to know whether you
think it's going in the generally correct direction and what major
concerns you might have before spending more time on it.  Also, I'd
like to know whether you think it's something we should try to put
into 9.6 or whether you think we should leave it for next cycle.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company