Re: Incorrect comment in get_partition_dispatch_recurse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Incorrect comment in get_partition_dispatch_recurse
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 2:28 PM, David Rowley
<david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Thanks for committing. Although, I disagree with your tweak:
>
> +    * 1-based index into the *pds list.
>
> I think that's making the same mistake as the last comment did. You
> think it's 1-based because the index is being set with list_length
> rather than list_length - 1, but it can do that simply because the
> item has not been added to the list yet.

Uh, maybe I've got that wrong.  We can say 0-based instead if that's
right.  I just didn't want to say that in one case it was 0-based and
in the other case make no mention.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company