Re: Parallel worker hangs while handling errors. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Parallel worker hangs while handling errors.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 5:05 AM Bharath Rupireddy
> We intend to unblock SIGQUIT before sigsetjmp() in places like
> bgwriter, checkpointer, walwriter and walreceiver, but we only call
> sigdelset(&BlockSig, SIGQUIT);, Without  PG_SETMASK(&BlockSig);, seems
> like we are not actually unblocking SIQUIT and quickdie() will never
> get called in these processes if (sigsetjmp(local_sigjmp_buf, 1) !=
> 0){....}

Yeah, maybe so. This code has been around for a long time and I'm not
sure what the thought process behind it was, but I don't see a flaw in
your analysis here.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company