Re: Rename max_parallel_degree? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 4:35 PM, Josh berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> I was assuming that we would have *both* per-operation and per-statement
> limits.  I can see reasons for having both, I can see why power users
> would want both, but it's going to be overwhelming to casual users.

I don't think so.  I think the fact that this is per-gather-node
rather than per-statement right now is basically a defect.  Once we
have a per-statement limit, I see no value in having the
per-gather-node setting.  So, yes, at that point, I would push to
rename the GUC.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company