Re: Review: UNNEST (and other functions) WITH ORDINALITY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Review: UNNEST (and other functions) WITH ORDINALITY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
The only other case I could come up with in my regression tests is pretty esoteric:

CREATE COLLATION nulls (locale='C');
ALTER OPERATOR CLASS text_ops USING btree RENAME TO first;
CREATE TABLE nulls_first(t text);
CREATE INDEX nulls_first_i ON nulls_first(t COLLATE nulls first);

I'm not 100% sure there aren't other cases where this can occur though.

Blech.  Well, that's why we need to stop hacking the lexer before we shoot a hole through our foot that's too large to ignore.  But it's not this patch's job to fix that problem.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company