Re: tracking commit timestamps - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: tracking commit timestamps
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I made two more changes:
> 1. introduce newestCommitTs.  Original code was using lastCommitXact to
> check that no "future" transaction is asked for, but this doesn't really
> work if a long-running transaction is committed, because asking for
> transactions with a higher Xid but which were committed earlier would
> raise an error.

I'm kind of disappointed that, in spite of previous review comments,
this got committed with extensive use of the CommitTs naming.  I think
that's confusing, but it's also something that will be awkward if we
want to add other data, such as the much-discussed commit LSN, to the
facility.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company