Re: parallel mode and parallel contexts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: parallel mode and parallel contexts
Date
Re: parallel mode and parallel contexts  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Re: parallel mode and parallel contexts  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 12 December 2014 at 22:52, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I would be remiss if I failed to mention that this patch includes work
>> by my colleagues Amit Kapila, Rushabh Lathia, and Jeevan Chalke, as
>> well as my former colleague Noah Misch; and that it would not have
>> been possible without the patient support of EnterpriseDB management.
>
> Noted and thanks to all.
>
> I will make this my priority for review, but regrettably not until New
> Year, about 2.5-3 weeks away.

OK!

In the meantime, I had a good chat with Heikki on IM yesterday which
gave me some new ideas on how to fix up the transaction handling in
here, which I am working on implementing.  So hopefully I will have
that by then.

I am also hoping Amit will be adapting his parallel seq-scan patch to
this framework.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company