Re: Support for OUT parameters in procedures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Support for OUT parameters in procedures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 4:34 AM Peter Eisentraut
> For a top-level direct call, you can pass whatever you want, since all
> OUT parameters are presented as initially NULL to the procedure code.
> So you could just pass NULL, as in CALL test_proc(5, NULL).

Is that actually how other systems work? I would think that people
would expect to pass, say, a package variable, and expect that it will
get updated.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company