Re: Problem while updating a foreign table pointing to a partitionedtable on foreign server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Problem while updating a foreign table pointing to a partitionedtable on foreign server
Date
Re: Problem while updating a foreign table pointing to a partitionedtable on foreign server  (Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 2:10 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> The second would mean that SELECT * from foreign table reports
> remotetableoid as well, which is awkward.

No it wouldn't.  You'd just make the additional column resjunk, same
as we do for wholerow.

> Anyway, my comment to which you have replied is obsolete now. I found
> a solution to that problem, which I have implemented in 0003 in the
> latest patch-set I have shared.

Yeah, but I'm not sure I like that solution very much.  I don't think
abusing the tableoid to store a remote table OID is very nice.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company