Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables
Date
Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables  ("曾文旌(义从)" <wenjing.zwj@alibaba-inc.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 8:51 PM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I proposed just ignoring those new indexes because it seems much simpler
> than alternative solutions that I can think of, and it's not like those
> other solutions don't have other issues.

+1.

> For example, I've looked at the "on demand" building as implemented in
> global_private_temp-8.patch, I kinda doubt adding a bunch of index build
> calls into various places in index code seems somewht suspicious.

+1. I can't imagine that's a safe or sane thing to do.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company