Re: RFC: Remove contrib entirely - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: RFC: Remove contrib entirely
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 8:32 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Painting it as the unilateral actions of one committer is uncharitable,
> at best.

As I see it, it is just stating the facts.  There were several emails
from other committers on the pg_audit thread not that long before it
was committed, and zero of them were supportive.  None of them were
dead-set against it, but it is not our typical way of doing business
to press forward with committing something when that many doubts have
been expressed.  I believe you will struggle to find comparable
examples involving other patches.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company