Re: bailing out in tap tests nearly always a bad idea - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: bailing out in tap tests nearly always a bad idea
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 6:33 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Huh, doesn't Test::More already provide a sane way to do this?
> If not, why isn't die() good enough?  (I don't think you can
> realistically expect to prohibit die() anywhere in the TAP tests.)

+1 for die. There's very little reason to use BAIL_OUT. If we agree
that we need a wrapper for die() for some reason, I can live with
that, too, but die is simple and familiar to perl programmers.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com