Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 2:08 PM Daniel Verite <daniel@manitou-mail.org> wrote:
> It could be CSV, which has this problem already solved,
> is easier to parse than JSON, certainly no less popular,
> and is not bound to a specific encoding.

Sure. I don't think that would look quite as nice visually as what I
proposed when inspected by humans, and our default COPY output format
is tab-separated rather than comma-separated. However, if CSV would be
more acceptable, great.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company