Re: Worth using personality(ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE) for EXEC_BACKEND on linux? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Worth using personality(ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE) for EXEC_BACKEND on linux?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 7:59 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw claims that you can also link with -Wl,-no_pie or toggle the PIE
> bit on your executable and libraries, but that didn't work for me on
> 11, Intel (no effect) or ARM (linker option gone).

I think that worked for me on older macOS releases, and then it
stopped working at some point after some update or reinstall or
something. Unfortunately I don't know any more precisely than that,
but it does seem like we have to find some other approach to work on
modern systems.

Hopefully they don't keep whacking this around...

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com