Re: max_parallel_degree > 0 for 9.6 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: max_parallel_degree > 0 for 9.6 beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> max_parallel_degree currently defaults to 0.  I think we should enable
>> it by default for at least the beta period. Otherwise we're primarily
>> going to get reports back after the release.
>
>> Then, at the end of beta, we can decide what the default should be.
>
> +1, but let's put an entry on the 9.6 open-items page to remind us to
> make that decision at the right time.

So, I suggest that the only sensible non-zero values here are probably
"1" or "2", given a default pool of 8 worker processes system-wide.
Andres told me yesterday he'd vote for "2".  Any other opinions?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company