Re: psql: display of object comments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: psql: display of object comments
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 8:38 PM, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> wrote:
> [new patch]

I've committed the portion of this that displays comments on languages
and casts.

For domains and conversions, I am wondering if we should display the
comments only when + is specified, since the output is fairly wide
already.

For foreign data wrappers, foreign servers, and foreign tables, I am
wondering if there is any particular rule we should adhere to in terms
of where the description shows up in the output column list.  It
doesn't seem entirely consistent the way you've done it here, but
maybe you've put more thought into it than I have.

I haven't reviewed the part that changes the \dd output in detail yet (sorry).

Residual patch attached...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company