Re: Logging of PAM Authentication Failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Logging of PAM Authentication Failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I unfortunately have to say I don't really see the point of this. The
> cost of the additional connection attempt is rather low and we have to
> deal with the superflous attempts anyway since there will be old libpqs
> around for years. Why is this worth the effort?

I have always considered this a wart, and I think we've had customers
complain about these kinds of things, too.  So +1 from me for fixing
it.  If not everyone updates their client to take advantage of the new
APIs, so be it.  If psql and pgAdmin do, it'll solve 90% of the
problem.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company