Re: documenting the backup manifest file format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: documenting the backup manifest file format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 11:23 AM Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
<jgdr@dalibo.com> wrote:
> But for backup_manifest, it's kind of shame we have to check the checksum
> against an transformed version of the file. Did you consider creating eg. a
> separate backup_manifest.sha256 file?
>
> I'm very sorry in advance if this has been discussed previously.

It was briefly mentioned in the original (lengthy) discussion, but I
think there was one vote in favor and two votes against or something
like that, so it didn't go anywhere. I didn't realize that there were
handy command-line tools for manipulating json like that, or I
probably would have considered that idea more strongly.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company