Re: [HACKERS] why not parallel seq scan for slow functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] why not parallel seq scan for slow functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 7:42 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 1:45 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If we don't want to go with the upperrel logic, then maybe we should
>> consider just merging some of the other changes from my previous patch
>> in 0003* patch you have posted and then see if it gets rid of all the
>> cases where we are seeing a regression with this new approach.
>
> Which changes are you talking about?

I realized that this version could be optimized in the case where the
scanjoin_target and the topmost scan/join rel have the same
expressions in the target list.  Here's a revised patch series that
does that.  For me, this is faster than master on your last test case.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment