Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 9:13 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Committed that way.  As the patch is by and large the same as what I
>> submitted for this originally, I credited myself as first author and
>> you as second author.  I hope that seems fair.
>
> I think that's more than fair. Thanks!

Great.  BTW, I notice to my chagrin that 'reindex table
some_table_with_an_indexed_text_column' doesn't benefit from this,
apparently because tuplesort_begin_index_btree is used, and it knows
nothing about sortsupport.  I have a feeling there's a good reason for
that, but I don't remember what it is; do you?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company