Re: BUG #6650: CPU system time utilization rising few times a day - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: BUG #6650: CPU system time utilization rising few times a day
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 3:29 AM, Andrzej Krawiec
<a.krawiec@focustelecom.pl> wrote:
> Ok, we've managed to do strace -s during such a situation (see
> attached file). I have no clue what can it mean. Only errors count is
> quite strange.

How long was strace -s run for to generate this?

> Could this http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/high-CPU-usage-for-stats-collector-in-8-2-td1962590.html
> affect our environment?

Not sure, but that's a much older version of PostgreSQL than the one
you're running, and I think there may have been some improvements
meanwhile.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company