Re: How about a proper TEMPORARY TABLESPACE? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: How about a proper TEMPORARY TABLESPACE?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 9:39 PM, Matheus de Oliveira
<matioli.matheus@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Then, to summarize Matheus must do:
>> * use an option instead of change the syntax and catalog to indicate that
>> a tablespace is used to store temp objects
>
> Yes. I myself wasn't sure TEMPORARY syntax would be good, but I would just
> like to hear more about. Storing as an options seems nice to me.

I kind of like the TEMPORARY syntax, by analogy with what we do for
tables.  On the other hand, this situation isn't quite analogous: the
tablespace itself is permanent; it's only the objects inside the
tablespace that are temporary.  Hmm.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company