Re: Last gasp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Last gasp
Date
Re: Last gasp  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Last gasp  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Re: Last gasp  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> These patches aren't marked with a committer
>
> FK arrays
> ECPG fetch
> foreign stats
> command triggers
> check function
> parallel pg_dump
>
> Does that mean myself or others should be claiming them for commit/reject?

I've been right in the middle of the command triggers stuff, so I
suppose I would pick that up for commit if it were ready, but there
hasn't been a new version this week unless I've missed it, and even if
the new version arrived right this minute, I don't think I or anyone
else can do a good job committing a patch of that size in the time
remaining.  So I think it's time to formally put that one out of its
misery.

I think the ECPG fetch patch is about ready to go.  Normally Michael
Meskes handles all ECPG patches, but I'm not sure what his schedule is
like.  I'm not sure what the politics are of someone else touching
that code.

Heikki recently produced a revision of the check function patch, but
I'm not sure whether he's planning to commit that or whether it's a
demonstration of a broader rework he wants Pavel (or someone else) to
do.  At any rate, I think it's up to him whether or not to commit
that.

I think Andrew is working on parallel pg_dump, so I suspect the rest
of us should stay out of the way.  I've also looked at it extensively
and will work on it if Andrew isn't, but I don't think it's ready to
commit.  A few preliminary pieces could go in, perhaps.

I am not sure what the state of the foreign stats patch is, or FK arrays.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company