Re: Publish checkpoint timing and sync files summary data to pg_stat_bgwriter - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Publish checkpoint timing and sync files summary data to pg_stat_bgwriter
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 3 April 2012 12:11, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well, for 9.2, I am asking that you rip all that stuff out of the
>> patch altogether so we can focus on the stuff that was in the original
>> patch.
>
> Given how we're pushed for time, I'm inclined to agree that that is
> the best course of action.
>
> Attached revision does not attempt to do anything with strategy
> writes/allocations.

I have committed this after extensive revisions.  I removed the
sync_files count, since no one ever explained what that was good for.
I renamed a bunch of things so that it was clear that these stats were
referring to checkpoints rather than anything else.  I moved the
documentation to what I believe to be the correct place.  I fixed a
few other assorted things, too, and reverted a couple hunks that
didn't seem to me to be adding anything.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company