Re: Request for dogfood volunteers (was No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Request for dogfood volunteers (was No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> I am sorry if I wasn't clear.
>
> Put succinctly, I am willing to put resources into testing Redmine for our
> needs. I will need help to do so because I am not a committer/hacker. Andres
> thinks that isn't worth while. I think he is wrong. If he doesn't want to
> help, he doesn't have to, thus the call for volunteers.
>
> I am not expecting that redmine will be chosen over debbugs. I am expecting
> that we make an educated decision about which one suits our needs. If we
> only review debbugs, we are making a decision in a vacuum.

OK.  My reading of the thread is that the hackers who expressed an
opinion mostly preferred debbugs and the people less involved in the
project wanted something more like GitHub/GitLab.  Some people also
argued for and against Bugzilla and JIRA.  I didn't really see anybody
agitating for Redmine, so I'm not sure how far you're going to get
with that.

But I'm not really arguing against it.  We use it here at
EnterpriseDB, and it's very helpful, though it is undeniably a
[expletive]-ton of work to maintain.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company