Re: Request for dogfood volunteers (was No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Request for dogfood volunteers (was No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/02/2015 12:52 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> OK.  My reading of the thread is that the hackers who expressed an
> opinion mostly preferred debbugs and the people less involved in the
> project wanted something more like GitHub/GitLab.  Some people also
> argued for and against Bugzilla and JIRA.  I didn't really see anybody
> agitating for Redmine, so I'm not sure how far you're going to get
> with that.

Right, thus call for Volunteers. If I can get a few to help me, I am
willing to put my resources behind it. If I can't then I won't. I guess
what I am really saying here is, "If I am going to bitch about the lack
of a tracker, I better damn well be willing to put resources into fixing
the problem".

So I am putting my money where my mouth is.

> But I'm not really arguing against it.  We use it here at
> EnterpriseDB, and it's very helpful, though it is undeniably a
> [expletive]-ton of work to maintain.

Yeah, and that is any issue tracker (the ton of work to maintain).

Sincerely,

JD