Re: postgres_fdw join pushdown (was Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: postgres_fdw join pushdown (was Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 12:16 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> +1.
>>
> I think there is still a lot functionality that is offered without
> EvalPlanQual fix.

Sure.  But I think that the EvalPlanQual-related fixes might have some
impact on the overall design, and I don't want to commit this with one
design and then have to revise it because we didn't examine the
EvalPlanQual requirements carefully enough.  We've already been down
that path once, and I don't want to go back.  It's not always possible
to get the design right the first time, but it's definitely nicer when
you do.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company