Re: PL/pgSQL return value in after triggers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL return value in after triggers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> One thing that I'm concerned about with this is that it treats a plain
> RETURN in a BEFORE trigger as RETURN NULL, whereas arguably it should be
> an error.  I haven't found a good way to handle that yet, but I'll keep
> looking.

I would be very much disinclined to change the behavior of BEFORE
triggers in this way, so I agree we need a way around that.

I'm going to mark this patch Returned with Feedback; I think it's 9.3
material at this point.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company