Re: pg_upgrade --logfile option documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: pg_upgrade --logfile option documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> OK, I have implemented both Roberts and Àlvaro's ideas in my patch.
> I only add the .old suffix to pg_controldata when link mode is used, and
> I now do it after the schema has been created (the most common failure
> case for pg_upgrade), and just before we actually link files --- both
> very good ideas.

Thanks for working on this.  I think this will be a significant
usability improvement.

Any ideas about improving the error reporting more generally, so that
when reloading the dump fails, the user can easily see what went
belly-up, even if they didn't use -l?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company