Re: pgsql: Add a non-strict version of jsonb_set - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: pgsql: Add a non-strict version of jsonb_set
Date
Re: pgsql: Add a non-strict version of jsonb_set
List pgsql-committers
On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 7:19 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Ah, that makes sense.  Although Mark's idea of including a library
> of possible hooks somewhere under src/tools/ seems even better.

+1. And directions for setting them up (or, as I think he was
proposing, a script, but directions might be better).

> Another point is that a server-side hook is really too late: you'd
> rather get the notice before you "git push", not after.

Yeah, getting warned at commit time would be good.

Another thing that would be nice is to warn about commits that don't
include a "Description:" line. I have been trying to be religious
about that, but I seem to periodically apostatize.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company