Re: Testbed for predtest.c ... and some arguable bugs therein - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Testbed for predtest.c ... and some arguable bugs therein
Date
Re: Testbed for predtest.c ... and some arguable bugs therein  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 12:33 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> A bit of hacking later, I have the attached.  The set of test cases it
> includes at the moment were mostly developed with an eye to getting to
> full code coverage of predtest.c, but we could add more later.  What's
> really interesting is that it proves that the "weak refutation" logic,
> i.e. predicate_refuted_by() with clause_is_check = true, is not
> self-consistent.

Oops.

> I'm not sure that that's worth fixing right now.  Instead I'm tempted
> to revert the addition of the clause_is_check argument to
> predicate_refuted_by, on the grounds that it's both broken and currently
> unnecessary.

Hmm, I think you were the one who pushed for adding that argument in
the first place: http://postgr.es/m/31878.1497389320@sss.pgh.pa.us

I have no problem with taking it back out, although I'm disappointed
that I failed to find whatever was broken about it during review.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company