Re: Add PQsendSyncMessage() to libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Add PQsendSyncMessage() to libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 8:42 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> Another thing that may matter in terms of extensibility?  Would a
> boolean argument really be the best design?  Could it be better to
> have instead one API with a bits32 and some flags controlling its
> internals?

I wondered that, too. If we never add any more Boolean parameters to
this function then that would end up a waste, but maybe we will and
then it will be genius. Not sure what's best.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com