Re: Add sub-transaction overflow status in pg_stat_activity - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Add sub-transaction overflow status in pg_stat_activity
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 10:41 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Maybe the original patch took an hour to write, but it's sure been
> bikeshedded to death :-(.  I was complaining about the total amount
> of attention spent more than the patch itself.

Unfortunately, that problem is not unique to this patch, and even more
unfortunately, despite all the bikeshedding, we still often get it
wrong. Catching up from my week off I see that you've fixed not one
but two bugs in a patch I thought I'd reviewed half to death. :-(

> The patch of record seems to be v4 from 2022-01-13, which was failing
> in cfbot at last report but presumably could be fixed easily.  The
> proposed documentation's grammar is pretty shaky, but I don't see
> much else wrong in a quick eyeball scan.

I can take a crack at improving the documentation. Do you have a view
on the best way to cut this down to a single new column, or the
desirability of doing so?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com