Re: Turning auto-analyze off (was Re: [GENERAL] Unusually high IO for autovacuum worker) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Turning auto-analyze off (was Re: [GENERAL] Unusually high IO for autovacuum worker)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Pavan Deolasee
<pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can write a patch in next couple of days if we are willing to accept
> for this release. I think it should be fairly easy and non-intrusive.

I think it's too late to consider this for 9.3, but I think we should
entertain it for 9.4.

The biggest problem I see is that the naming of the new reloptions
might end up being something kind of unintuitive, like
autovacuum_vacuum_enabled and autovacuum_analyze_enabled.  You need a
degree in PostgreSQLology to understand what that means, but I haven't
got a better idea.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company